Friday, June 27, 2014

Silverwood Theme Park -- the continued quest for BBQ

While at Silverwood we FINALLY had our chance at BBQ after searching and hoping and wishing and dreaming for BBQ on the drive through Spokane (see post here)..

Moment to calm myself as I recall getting my first speeding ticket in at least 20 years.  Grrr....

Moment over.

After the monumental quest which led to finding the Centralia Ellensburg restaurant that was decidedly NOT BBQ but not too bad either we walked into Silverwood to find they have genuine authentic BBQ food!!!  And it's all you can eat!!!  I promised BBQ to The Critic and I hoped this wouldn't disappoint. 

One of the gals that worked there assured us this is the best food in the park.  And while we are cautious of fair-food, "the best you can get" is as good as we could ask for.

It is the best you can get, but not great.  But what can you expect?

Would I get it again?  Absolutely.  I would not pay extra for the ribs again but am glad we sprung for them to try them.  Most sides were not that great but a few were pretty good.  And while I can't remember the details I'm not too worried about it because if you're headed to Silverwood I would tell you to check it out.  And I myself am not likely to return for at least a couple years, and when I do who knows how similar it will be. 

So go!  Enjoy!  Just remember -- it's fair food.

P.S.  The pizza at the magic show that we ate was ok.  The coffee we had just past the train station was ok.  And the candy store?  None of us would miss the chance to go back to that candy store.  The stand-out from the entire day was the spiral spuds which were FABULOUS and the powdery flavor garbage they put on them?  Perfect.  Now that's disgusting fair food I can get behind!!  Would certainly order that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment