Friday, July 6, 2012

Annie Bailey's Irish Pub

Welcome to Pennsylvania and a night out on the town! Guess what? Irish food doesn't jive with healthy eating. Here's the best I could muster up...

I cut off about 3 oz of a pork chop that was grilled, added a couple roasted potatoes, and a couple pieces of grilled asparagus that were dripping in oil, so I didn't think I could muster manage more.  Not nearly as tasty as The Critic's  BBQ brisket sandwich, but it will do in a pinch.  Other than this place, we ate out once at Baja Fresh where I just had salad and then also at Hershey Park where we opted for the character dinner... not the best food but the kids were happy and we were hungry.  Washington D.C. restaurants will need to wait for a future trip, though I did enjoy the cafeteria at the American History museum where I was able to get a build (and weigh) your own salad bar with some tasty options, including roasted beets and steamed broccoli. 

Been a fast trip, most of it spent with good friends... and sadly, no Pennyslvania Dutch soft pretzels this go around.  Oh well, there's always time in the next two or three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment