Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Specialty's Cafe

My definition of a worthy splurge.

Every time I go to Bellevue Square I get a happy tingly feeling at the idea of enjoying one of these mini quiches and today was no exception.  It is simply delicious and I would much rather splurge on this than any sweet thing... or even any crunchy thing and that is saying something.  Roasted veggies (I'm sure there are mushrooms in there but I just pretend they are eggplant) which include broccoli and carrots and "eggplant" and onion.  A fabulous cheese that is a tasty Swiss I think, but might have some parmesan and a few other things I'm not sure of, and eggs and flour to hold it together but not give it a pie crust because that would just detract from its awesomeness.  I do love this.  I am so glad that I infrequent Bellevue Square and this remains a splurge I can have.... rather than one that will jeopardize my 25 (YES, 25!!!!) pound loss over the past few months.

I am told I cannot think of food as a reward, nor as a reward or a treat or any other intrinsically valued item.  And I don't.  But this isn't food... this is a worthy splurge!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment