Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Stone House

A night out with The Critic.  It's been quite some time since we've gone to a "fancy" restaurant.  He enjoyed searching the area of Redmond we were going to be in on Yelp and happened upon lots of positive reviews for The Stone House

This was everything I had hoped for in Art of The Table... only it really delivered.  Good food, unpretentious servers, nice experience.  It was like eating in someone's home.  Only they've been to culinary school -- and aced it.  Very positive experience and I really hope to return sometime.

Beet salad.  Everything on here was delicious.  Yes, I even ate the flowers.  The cheese was not too strong. Dates were delicious.  I would order this again and love every minute of eating it.

 
This dish did the impossible -- created a brussels sprouts lover out of The Critic.  I have no idea why -- they tasted like any other sprouts to me.  He insists "they worked magic to get out the bitter".  No matter -- it was quite tasty.  How can you go wrong with pork belly?  


The Critic's main course.  Black cod -- he said it'd been so long since he'd had it.  Good... but nothing (in my opinion) compared to.....

 
My dish.  Salmon.  Gnocchi.  Mustard.  Balsamic.  Brussels sprouts.  Heaven.

Do your eyes deceive you???  NO!!!  I actually took pictures of dessert BEFORE it was consumed.  Chocolate souffle cake.  Delicious!
 
 
The "saddest" (not) part of the night was when The Critic was told instead of the peach dessert they had a brown-butter apple tart with salted caramel sauce.  You had him at "no peaches".  This was delicious.  Only complaint is it would have been perfect if it wasn't served cold.  





No comments:

Post a Comment