Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Last night we went to Bai Tong for the express purpose of celebrating my birthday, simply because dinner out was not a real option on my actual birthday.  And then the now infamous words of my friend, "Would you like to go out for a glass of wine tonight?"  Um.  Yes.  Please and thank you.

This turned into an impromtu birthday bash for me.  And a lot of fun!  I love my girls.  Sorry I don't have pictures of the tiaras, balloons, and pink stickers that say "Look Who's Fabulous!"  It was an awesome night.

Restaurant name: Mama Stortini's
Food type:  Italian... sort of
Category:  Voted one of my personal favorites for a girls' night out.   
Location:  Kent, WA
Reason for dining out:  Happy Birthday to ME! 
Bonus features:  MS has an AMAZING happy hour menu.
Food ordered:  Crispy Gorgonzola Fries and Bruschetta (which, if you want a real laugh, watch my friend say "Bru-sket-tah" and then listen as the server "corrects" her to "Broo-shet-uh".  Her reaction after the fact is priceless.)
Items of inspiration: I've made a caprese bruschetta that is similar, but no where near as divine.
Chance of repeat visit:  Absolutely!  Can we go tomorrow?  But really, it's less about the food and more about the friends.  Correction.. it's ALL about the friends.  But the food is not bad.

To be clear, I began with the "glass of wine".  Mmmmmm... it was tasty.  I have an unwritten rule with this blog.  If it's not food, I'm not writing about it.  Buuuutttt... 

I ordered pizza for The Critic and The Guys tonight and kept getting frustrated when it wasn't showing up.  30 min.  40 min. 50 min.... at 90 min. wait time I checked the online order only to find out... I had ordered it for carry-out.  Oops.  So the fam got cold pizza reheated and I had to take a slice to go to catch a softball game on the fly (ha ha!  Get it?  The fly?).  Anyway, by the time I arrived at Mama's I was needing to have a few bites to eat as well as that "glass of wine".

So we ordered two appetizers to share.  The first was the "crispy" Gorgonzola fries.  They weren't bad, but by the time you put that Gorgonzola all over them, they were hardly "crispy" anymore.  Tasty flavor, bad name.  But oh that Bruschetta!!!  Drizzled with a balsamic reduction that resembled syrup more than vinegar.  It was YUM-MY!  Mmmmmmm....



So a fun night was had by all... especially me.  Thanks, girls.  But I must admit.  This post comes with a bit of a disclaimer.  If you have the food at Mama's and aren't impressed, well, it *might* be affected by, er, um, a "couple" pomegranate splashes.  Enjoy!  I know I did.  :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment