Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Have I told the Friday the 13th story on this blog?

No matter... I'll either tell it once or tell it again.  Back in an OH so long ago time that still feels like a moment ago, The Critic and I were young 20 somethings dating.  After a while of this, feelings of love began to stir (please stop gagging... this is the romantic part).   Ever the planner, The Critic decided to wait until our first Valentine's Day to tell me he loved me.  Awwwww.... he's sweet.

Only we had the day wrong.

Since our first Valentine's Day together was actually a Saturday and we were going to a wedding, we decided to go out the night before.  So after a little while, we realized that The Critic's actual first profession of love for me was on... Friday the 13th.

So now we go out on a date each Friday the 13th (we've missed only a couple).  We had been alternating who plans the event, but lately we're just coming up with something together.  Tonight, The Critic's sister offered to watch The Guys overnight, so we went to Toulouse Petit for their awesome happy hour menu, then to Kirkland for a comedy show (yes, we had some food but it wasn't very memorable and I forgot to take notes so no blog entry for it) and finally to see the Hunger Games.... which I liked a lot.

But here's the repeat of Toulouse Petit.  Most of it was blogged about HERE when I went with Nala and Tanner's mom, but the results were same taste, though many looked quite different.

Corn Grits... still LOVE these
Fried chicken
Fried Bacon
Collard greens -- much prettier this time but a stronger vinegar taste than I remembered... and The Critic doesn't like vinegar.  That's okay.  He ate some yucky mushrooms and I ate these instead.
Pork Belly sliders.  Be ware the big ol' blog of straight dijon that is "gluing" the sandwich to the plate. 
Chocolate lava cake, pistachio inspired this time.  I liked the roasted peanuts a bit better, but it was still good

No comments:

Post a Comment