Friday, November 21, 2014

Tartine Bakery

Of all the "must eat" places I have come up with in San Francisco there is one that I just knew was going to be a winner.  Tartine Bakery.  A while back I saw someone on The Best Thing I Ever Ate talking about Pan au Chocolate and knew The Critic would need to try it.  Then Tartine kept coming up in article after article of "must eat".  Each time something else came up.  I even sent him in an email with a list of places with an example item to try or a description of the food type.  Here's what I put for Tartine.

Tartine bakery -- Just trust me

So he did.  We went for breakfast on our first morning in San Francisco.  It was a Friday morning and the line wasn't too bad.  We got items to go so we could get to our realtor appointment.  As I recall, we ate the following items:

Pan au Chocolate -- sublime and worth every rave it got.  One is enough for both of us.
Morning bun -- essence of orange in a cinnamon croissant like muffin.  Tasty, but not what I crave.
A savory egg and gruyere pastry -- Um, yes please.  More please.  Loved this!  (It is better when heated I later learned)
Almond croissant -- stuffed and covered in powdered sugar.  Good.  VERY messy.

We also went a few days later and got the coconut tart (delicious).

The only thing not tasty and wonderful at Tartine is the coffee.  Get your cup from somewhere else and plan to enjoy delicious pastries.  Everyone who visits us in California will be getting a Tartine visit before they leave.  If there is a line, it's fine.  Totally worth the wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment