Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gordon Biersch

The Guys and I joined my extended family to see The Nutcracker Ballet in Seattle -- the last year of the Maurice Sendak version.  We all loved it a lot.  The Big Guy wanted pizza -- FIT wanted a burger.  I figured Gordon Biersch would be a great option. 

When I sat down they handed me a picture menu of their "special tasting menu" which included three of several appetizers.  Most of the prices said they were around 7.95 so I decided that was a good way to feed me for not a lot of money.  With the upcoming SF move we just don't have much eating out money... plus we're trying to use up every blessed scrap of food since we need to store things and can't even store dry goods.  Ugh.

So I saw a crab and lobster melt that looked good.  Ordered the special tasting menu version of that.  Big Guy got a pizza, FIT got a burger.   We also shared a small garlic fry.  And each of us had a soda.  The kids meals are around $5 each but don't include their drinks, which run about $3 a piece.  No problem.

The crab and lobster melts were "meh".  Quite small and not a lot of flavor, but for the price, who could complain?  $8 seemed fair... not low price by any means for what you get. 

My bill came for $50!  Wait... drinks were about $9.  Kids' food was $10.  Garlic fries $5.  My appetizer... $8.  How on earth did tax double my bill???  I looked... the appetizer?  That DINKY appetizer, was nearly $21!!!!!!  Seriously.  Each ONE was $7.95.  Or, for a BARGAIN OF A DEAL, you could get three for $20.95.

$20.95!!!!!!

See ya, Gordon Biersch.  I can live without that kind of financial strain!

No comments:

Post a Comment