Friday, June 13, 2014

Joule

Here's my problem... I've been trying to use the Blogger app while at a restaurant, especially to get the "location" printed.  Which is ridiculous because 99% of this blog is so that I can remember what we ate at a favorite spot so when we go again we don't spend 3 hours saying, "Did we get that?  Was it good?" and so on.  Well...

This is our second time to go to Joule.  We LOVED it before!  I had all the notes of when we went, the pics of the food we ate, and so on... and when I went to open my draft do you know what it said?!?

Wonderful.

No date, no pictures, no food descriptions.  So no idea.  

So this is what we got this time and how we felt about them.  Quick!  Let me publish this before Blogger eats it up (ha ha!  Get it?).

By the way the occasion is Friday the 13th!


First up, shrimp cocktail 2.0.  It has pork belly and pickled ramps on it.  This is not the shrimp cocktail you're thinking of.  My verdict?  I could eat piles of that.


 

Next up, the spicy rice cakes.  This is the one thing we are sure we had before and knew we would always order again.  The rice cakes have these amazing crispy edges -- we think they may have been crispier last time?  It's still one of the best dishes out there. 


File this cauliflower dish under awesome new experience.  I should have had video on it!  I think I wanted to, but was running out of battery.  If you take bonito flake and put it on warm cauliflower, it moves around as if it is alive.  It is CRAZY weird!  This is a good dish -- can't go wrong with roasted cauliflower, but I like mine a bit better.  :-)

 

This is the grass fed hangar.  My only problem with this dish is every time I've ever had grass fed beef I've left thinking "cows that eat corn are delicious".  Personal preference, I suppose.  I am not a fan of the strong flavor that comes from grass fed beef.


Some day, some time, just once, I am going to remember to take a picture when dessert comes out.  I think by that time I'm in a food coma and I just don't care anymore.  This one was chocolate and, as you can tell, delicious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment