Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse

A while back we tried to go to The Original Roadhouse in Federal Way only to hear they were closed.  A devastated Big Guy has been wanting to go to "the peanut place" ever since.  My folks were in town and this afforded us the perfect opportunity to go to Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse in Renton.  Really good food here!

 I started with this salad... can't remember it's official name but it is YUM-MY!  I mean, really.  I get tired of the run of the mill greens, carrots, cucumbers, ranch... this one has a bunch of stuff including toasted pecans and blue cheese and a tasty vinaigrette.  Love it!


Main course -- once again the photo is taken much much much later than it should have been.  That's why you only see about two grilled shrimp left (and one tail up on the side).  There were a lot more shrimp but they were consumed by the FIT and The Critic.  And me.  The vegetables?  Meh.  Take 'em or leave 'em... next time I'll likely leave 'em.  The start of this plate is the salmon!  Yes, I said that.  It seems so weird to come to this place which seems like steak would be the star and get salmon.  Plus those who know me as me and not just as The Coach Foodie know The Critic grills the best salmon around.  So good that I *never* order it out.  This is really that good.  It is as good as The Critic's.  High praise, considering I've tried salmon in some fantastic seafood restaurants and can't say that very often.

So a fun place to eat!  We'll be back... and we'll order the salmon again!



No comments:

Post a Comment