Monday, October 31, 2011

I have a cold

When I get sick, I don't want to cook.  I don't want to eat either, but then I get grouchy.  So when I started grumbling at the FIT as he was whiny about his Hot Dog on a Stick and lemonade at the Supermall, I decided I needed something too.  I opted for the "lite plate" at some random Chinese place next to HDoaS.  Big. Mistake.

I love it (and by love it I mean I find it the most ridiculous thing ever) when someone says something is "lite".  First off, if you make up how to spell it, it's not.  Not low-cal, not leaves you feeling with that I-could-run-a-marathon feeling.  Nope.  If it's "lite" it means "this is the least amount of food you can get here but it will still leave you feeling like you consumed a small truckload of bricks drenched in oil and deep fried."  Enter my lunch... general tso's and chow mein noodles.  It was greasy.  It was gross.  It left me feeling hungry and full all at the same time.  I hate that.  Yuck.  Big mistake and I wish I would learn!  I knew better...

No comments:

Post a Comment