Saturday, October 22, 2011

Old Spaghetti Factory

Love a chance to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory when it isn't a regular trip.  The Critic wanted to go to get a panini (which they only have for lunch).  I love that The Guys get lots of healthy options for their lunch, and The Guys love their "rainbow" ice cream at the end.  We're all fans of the spumoni.  I ordered the mizithra cheese and brown butter spaghetti... no surprise there.  Each time I go I think I might branch out and try something new, but really, that's all I want and it's a TREAT to eat it!  I also get their salad with the blue cheese dressing, which is nothing special but still what I get.  And I enjoy the bread.  Don't love it, but I do enjoy it.  This time around it was pretty comical to listen to the server try and take all those free (all-inclusive) items and try and get us to spend more money.  "Welcome to the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Would you like to start out with something to drink like an Italian Soda for the kids?"  No, the included apple juice will do just fine.  "Can I bring you some garlic cheese bread to start?"  No, the bread you give every table will do JUST FINE!  I was surprised she didn't ask if we needed a chocolate mousse cake at the end.  I did notice another lady sitting with her granddaughter who had both an Italian soda and the garlic cheese toast, so I guess it never hurts to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment