Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Ram with The Fam

Happy birthday to my mom meant a fun art day and a "quick" family lunch at The Ram at Kent Station.  And by quick I mean the world's slowest service you have ever ever seen in your entire life.  My sister was quoted over ONE HOUR after walking in as saying, "I've changed my mind... I think we'll get served faster at Duke's." 

For me, The Ram brings back glory days of my college years.  Right across the street from Willamette University's campus where I lived and breathed for 5 years of my life, I have had many a Ram burger... and it's where I was introduced to my first (of many) Long Island Iced Teas.  I don't do those anymore.  Really... not kidding.  But for me, The Ram = amazing burger and wonderful food.

Except I don't really like burgers anymore.  Well, as I think I've said before, it's more that burgers don't like me. 

So The Critic and I decided to split a steak sandwich with au jus to dip it in and a side of onion rings (most of which went the the critic for the same reason as above... they don't like me very much).  So I ordered a nice little side salad as well.  And I never got it. 

Oh well... in this case it was definitely the PEOPLE who counted, not the food.  Happy birthday, Mom.  Maybe next time we really will go to Duke's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment