Sunday, May 6, 2012

Border Grill

Another place I *really* wanted to visit was Border Grill.  Having already eaten at Susan Feniger Street with The Critic and seeing multiple recipes of hers on the Food Network... well, there was no way I'd miss.  And there was NO WAY I'd miss when I saw its location... right behind my little toes at the pool at Mandalay Bay.  Add in that we were there on Cinco de Mayo?  Um... yeah.  No brainer.

We went for lunch as we had plans to dine much more "sophisticatedly" at Picasso later that night (see post here).  I had  the Yucatan pork and a cucumber mojito and thought both were fine, but nothing worth flying to Las Vegas for.  I didn't quite have enough corn tortillas though and asked for "a couple more".  Instead I was brought out a warm, handmade flour tortilla.  THAT was worth flying to Vegas for.  Delicious.  Can't describe it any other way.
But the most intriguing thing was their "all you can eat Brunch tapas menu".  The Engineer and I decided that on her departure day (the next day) this was the best send-off we could possibly have.  We nearly missed out and trust me... we would have missed out.  In the city of buffets and all you can eat, this one is unique and worth arriving hungry.  And you will fill up too fast.  Sigh.
The Brunch Menu... from here, your guess is (almost) as good as mine.

Yuctatan pork
Cucumber mojito
Peruvian Shrimp and Grits
Yucatan Eggs Benedict
Oaxacan pancakes, Machaca Chilaquiles, Churro Tots
Green Corn Tamale

Something with an egg on it... breakfast enchilada? Mexican rice pudding parfait, biscuit and sausage gravy? Maybe?


Man I'm full... don't need to eat for a MONTH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment