Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sea rocket bistro

We're in San Diego!  Went to the zoo today and used Open Table to find an intriguing sounding restaurant that would appeal to the kids.  We sort of decided that the lunches would be theme-park driven.  The dinners would be all ours!  But we do need to bring The Guys along.  Here's where we ended up.

Sea Rocket Bistro is a tiny little hole in the wall that takes rustic food and elevates it.  Which is great for a Coach Foodie and The Critic... but makes it a bit more challenging to eat as one of The Guys.  Not their favorite spot, but not the worst one in their minds either.

We started with this DELICIOUS honey garlic spread on a rather sour and quite dry baguette... I need to try and recreate that spread I think.


On the side we had a tasty gnocchi dish with some seasonal vegetables.  Very tasty!  The gnocchi were my favorite thing here.
 

For dinner The Critic and I shared the fish while The Big Guy got a burger (since it was in between two toasted baguette slices that were nicely charred, let's just say he wasn't impressed).  The Little Guy enjoyed the flat bread pizza.  Though I think I enjoyed it a bit more once I added that honey garlic spread.  Come to think of it, maybe that was my favorite thing here.  Sadly, the fish was just kind of lacking.


Not our favorite place but not the worst one we've ever been to.  There's always tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment