Sunday, December 18, 2011

Il Fornaio Risotteria

A day in Seattle led us to a lunch with the kiddos.  Looking for the perfect blend of kid friendly and foodie friendly, we decided on a favorite... Il Fornaio.  But not the fancy schmancy upstairs IF.  The one downstairs, which has 4 main selling points.  More kid friendly.  Cheaper prices.  Risotto.  Gnocchi.  Win!

Gnocchi Rustica
I ordered the Gnocchi Rustica.  The Critic loves how I say Gnocchi.  Too bad you can't hear it, huh?  It sort of has a Ny-oh-key sound to it.  I don't know why it sounds better than when I say it, but to him, it does.  The Guys got pasta with meat sauce on the side (Big Guy) and Ravioli (Little Guy).  But unfortunately, the BG didn't have enough food (not that he eats more than a teaspoon of sauce) and the LG really did NOT like his ravioli, which was much more al dente than he wanted... while he's a FIT he's still 4!  The Critic ordered Risotto Dante which has a bit of a kick to it and Italian sausage, peppers and onions.  It was good, but I think I must prefer overcooked risotto.  Always has too much of a bite to it for me.  But OH the gnocchi.  Mmmmm.... I love gnocchi.  The rustica sauce was yummy... creamy tomato with basil and garlic and a whole lot of yum.  Extra bonus is that we can watch them cook.  I am SUCH a sucker for that!  Too much fun.
Risotto Dante

Grand sum up?  Fabulous for the grown-ups as always.  The kids left hungry but filled up with cinnamon and sugar hot donuts near the carousel.  Merry Christmas in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment