Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mama's Night Out

Went to Mama Stortini's last night with the gals for an ornament exchange.  No pictures taken, but since we ate in the dining room, rather than the bar as per our usual, I opted for the lobster mac and cheese.  I asked the server how it was and he said it was the first night on the menu.  That intrigued me more, so I went for that.  It was okay... for MAC and cheese.  The lobster was definitely an after thought, perhaps three pieces total in the dish.  Panko on the top was a nice touch and there wasn't anything inherently wrong with it (aside from needing salt).  It was a perfectly fine homemade mac and cheese.  But for me, it's not worth my splurge on calories and whatnot.  I'll stick with my standard gnocchi with marinara sauce in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment