Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Romio's Pizza and PASTA!

It was not my intent to eat out again today.  I was actually looking forward to Thai leftovers for lunch, but I needed to be out of the house while some work was being done and, well, I was hungry!  So I went to Romio's again but for pasta this time... their four-cheese baked spaghetti.

Restaurant name: Romio's
Food type:  Italian
Category: They know us when we walk in the door.  Literally!  She asked why my family wasn't with me and it made me happy.
Location:  Renton, Washington
Reason for dining out:  "Hangry" me... and needed to be out of the house
Bonus features:  Being recognized as a regular was REALLY fun.
Food ordered:  Four-cheese baked spaghetti which comes with a garden salad (I had bleu cheese dressing and no olives) and garlic bread.  Plus a diet coke.
Items of inspiration: Adding feta to spaghetti is delicious
Chance of repeat visit:  Absolutely, but I think I've OD'd on this spaghetti and will stick to pizza with the fam.


This four cheese baked spaghetti is really something out.  First, it comes to you as an inferno.  It takes a good 10 min. before it's cool enough to think about eating.  But the four cheeses make it so good.  I'm sure there's mozzarella and provolone... guessing the third might be parmesan?  But the fourth is the yummy one... feta.  Apparently you can get it with cheddar.  I never have.  The feta adds a salty taste to it and it really does make it special.

The problem is that the spaghetti isn't as good as I remember it being, and this is the second time in a row I have been a bit disappointed.  It lacks salt, but even with that, it's just not as good as it used to be.  I'm paying more for a plate of molten four cheeses than the spaghetti underneath, which is kind of mushy and, unfortunately, tastes a bit like that canned garbage.  But this should be easy enough to recreate at home.

Incidentally as I'm typing this I have a recollection of an Italian restaurant that used to be in Fairwood about 10 years ago, where the Round Table Pizza is now.  It had something called the "Pizzasta" which was a combination of pepperoni pizza and spaghetti.  It was DELICIOUS and The Critic and I used to crave that.  We've never found anything like it anywhere else... Sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment